Blood Orange Sour
It's hard to beat a whiskey sour. Tart, sweet, refreshing, and full of whiskey. BUT, throw some blood orange into the mix and you've got a game changer. This riff doesn't stray too far off from the classic. Top Shelf Orange Bitters and blood orange juice give this sour a nice burst of juice orange flavour while still remaining acidic enough to be a true sour. Slightly sweetened to balance that tartness out, the egg white produces a wonderful froth making this cocktail amazingly smooth to sip on. It's the perfect winter sipper to get us all hyped up about summer's return!
- 1.5 oz Perth Whisky
- 0.5 oz Simple Syrup
- 0.75 oz Blood Orange Juice
- 0.25 Lemon Juice
- 3 Dashes Top Shelf Orange Bitters
- 1 Egg White
- Equipment: Cocktail shaker recommended. Don't have one? Sign up for our Guide To Cocktailing Subscription box to get everything you need to make perfect cocktails.
- Orange Zest
- Rocks glass
- Add the whisky, simple syrup, blood orange juice, lemon juice, bitters and egg white in a cocktail shaker.
- Dry shake (no ice).
- Shake with ice.
- Strain in a rocks glass over ice.
Garnish with cherries and orange zest.