Peppermint is the strongest of the mint family. It has more menthol than the rest which gives us a beautifully refreshing flavour with some cooling effects. Peppermint can be used in cocktails to add a unique freshness to fruity drinks. Are you craving a mojito, but don't have any fresh mint? Although this won't be exactly the same, you can use this recipe using dried peppermint herbal tea to make a mojito variation. Peppermint pairs very well with chocolate and dairy cocktails as well. Want to spice up that coffee or hot chocolate of yours? Try adding a bit of peppermint syrup for a refreshing take on hot beverages.
- Water (1 cup)
- Sugar (1 cup)
- 100% peppermint (2 tea bags)
- Using a saucepan, add water and bring heat up to medium-high.
- Heat up the water to a boil.
- Add the peppermint tea bags.
- Add the sugar.
- Stir until the sugar has dissolved.
- Remove from heat.
- Let tea bags steep for 10 minutes.
- Remove tea bags from the liquid.
- Let the liquid chill at room temperature.
- Bottle, seal and refrigerate.
- Keep refrigerated. Keeps for 7 days.