Peach Simple Syrup
If summer was a fruit, we’re willing to bet it would be a peach. When in season, they are plump, juicy, and full of flavour. Beautiful blends of orange, yellow, and red; reminiscent of a summer sunset over the lake make this fruit one of nature's wonders. Peach flavour can compliment just about any cocktail from vodka to whisky based drinks. Your imagination is the limit. You can enjoy this syrup over ice cream, in an iced tea, or even on waffles.
- 2 Fresh Peaches (peeled, pitted, and diced)
- 1 Cup of Sugar
- 1 Cup of Water
- Combine the 3 ingredients in a medium saucepan and bring to a boil, stirring a few times until all of the sugar is dissolved. Takes about 3-5 minutes.
- At this point, remove the pan from the heat and cover.
- Let steep, covered for 25 minutes.
- Strain the peaches from liquid.
- Let cool and pour into a bottle or glass jar.
- Will Keep in the refrigerator for up to two weeks.