- $4500 full barrel
- $1500 1/3 barrel
Purchase, own, and age a barrel of Canadian whisky. Top Shelf Pathfinder Barrel Funding is backed by barrels of our aging whisky. Receive 12% per annum on your barrel, fully paid out after 3 years, while helping secure our Ontario whisky.
Commonly known as barrel financing, you can be a part of the first steps towards bringing large-scale barrel funding to the Ontario Highlands region. Early pathfinders in this program will help us fine-tune the details as we expand and grow in the years to come.
- You are purchasing 1 barrel or 1/3 barrel of Top Shelf Whisky
- You receive a payment (calculated at 12% per annum on your barrel purchase price) each year on the anniversary fill date. The payout schedule may change based on your barrel selection with our team
- When the whisky has matured, usually after 36 months, Top Shelf Distillers buys back the barrel from you at your full purchase price
- Top Shelf Distillers will gift you bottles of the finished whisky after maturity
- Each barrel is a physical barrel stored in our warehouse. This includes a signed terms sheet, and it is fully transferrable if you want to sell or transfer to another barrel owner
Example: Full-Barrel $4500 with a fill date Jan 15, 2024
- On the anniversary fill date each year, payments of $540 paid out to the barrel owner
- Receive $1620 in total payments accrued over 36 months
- $4500 purchase price paid back at barrel buyback at 36 months
- You buy in at $4500, and get paid out $6120 -- a total return of 36%
- Ten (10) bottles gifted upon maturity
Example: 1/3-Barrel $1500 with a fill date Jan 15, 2024
- On the anniversary fill date each year, payments of $180 is paid out to the barrel owner
- Receive $540 in total payments accrued over 36 months
- $1500 purchase price paid back at barrel buyback at 36 months
- You buy in at $1500, and get paid out $2040 -- a total return of 36%
- Two (2) bottles gifted upon maturity
Why become a Whisky Pathfinder?
Whisky financing and funding programs are commonplace in the industry.
Due to the costs and time investment in maturing barrels, there is exceedingly high whisky demand and low whisky supply across Canada. Distilleries choose to offer barrel funding to help cover operating costs and overhead while they expand and grow. This allows the distillery to stay in control of their future and finances without depending on unfavourable bank loans.
Whisky presents a low-risk opportunity which promises high returns.
What is the purchase process?
Our team will connect with you to finalize the details of your order, including barrel selection and issuing the signed terms sheet. We will arrange a secure method for your payment. And that's it!
Each barrel of whisky is unique, and we can tailor a funding experience to fit your needs and goals. We can discuss and answer any questions or concerns you may have. You can contact us by email for more information or to set up a call.
What risks are involved?
We are experienced in aging and maturing whisky. Regardless of barrel yield or angel's share, pathfinders will receive their full repayment of their barrel at 36 months.
Top Shelf Distillers buys back the barrel at 36 months, so there is no need for the barrel owner to worry about selling, wholesaling, or distributing product.
Barrels are stored in our government-bonded warehouse. Each barrel is shielded from financial risk to Top Shelf Distillers. If there is a circumstance that impacts the operations of Top Shelf Distillers, your barrel will still be yours, held in bond via our holding company.
I have more questions.
Get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we can address any questions, concerns, or ideas. We can also arrange alternative payment options such as via e-transfer or check.