Orgeat (Almond) Syrup Recipe
This is a must know for creating Tiki style cocktails. This syrup is like no other. Nutty almond flavours with a rich sweetness, fortified with Cognac or Whisk(e)y as well as some floral notes from Orange blossom water to top it all off. Complex and delicious, this syrup recipe is sure to get your creative juices flowing when it comes time to create cocktails at home.
- 1 Cup Unsweetened Almond Milk
- 2 Cups Granulated White Sugar
- 1 Tablespoon Almond Extract
- 1/2 Teaspoon Orange Blossom Water
- 1/4 Cup (2 oz ) Cognac or Whiskey
- Simmer the almond milk and add sugar
- Add the almond extract, orange blossom water and cognac or whiskey.
- Stir and make sure all sugars are dissolved.
- Pour into a jar and let cool.
- Seal and refrigerate. Fresh and ideal for 2 weeks, could last up to a month.